Sunday, May 1
Mother may I? May it please the court. MayDay is apparently a time when people give each other little baskets of flowers and candies. Who knew? We give you a big basket of blossoms and funny. Beth Lapides hosts comedy luminaries and musical guests on this May Day in DTLA!
- Laurie Kilmartin spent her first 10 years as a standup in San Francisco, the second 10 in NYC. She now and now lives in LA where she is hilarious on stage and writing for CONAN. Her book, Shitty Mom, was a NY Times bestseller and her soon to be released comedy special is called 45 Jokes About My Dead Dad.
- Karen Kilgariff Long time UnCabaret favorite, Karen works behind the scenes as a writer on TV (Ellen, 2 Broke Girls, The Pete Holmes Show etc) and lights up the screen be it Conan, Mr. Show or her Twitter account @karenkilgariff.
- Andy Dick The Un and Only! Zoolander 1 & 2, NewsRadio, Letterman, Kimmel, If anyone else were telling his personal stories, you wouldn’t believe them!
- Lucy Peru Influenced by Joni Mitchell’s Blue, Pina Bausch, Mark Rothko and Laurie Anderson, Lucy captures snapshots of moments that would have otherwise, it seems, gone unnoticed. It’s as if everything were turned on its side, allowing views past the familiar, with every song a report from the field.
- Nico Santos Is hilarious on Superstore, in Mall Cop and was part of the great round table on Chelsea Lately. His unique comedy voice touches on race, family and the queer dynamic.
710 W 1st Street
LA, CA 90012
Tickets Here $20 – $30
16 and over.
Information and phone reservations: 213-706-3630
Mitch Kaplan Musical Director
Denise Fraser on Drums