Sunday, Mother’s Day, May 8
Your obvious choice for entertainment on Mother;s Day is UnCabaret, the show that the LA Weekly dubbed The Mother Show of Alternative Comedy. So if you have a mother, are a mother are a motherf%&#@r, or just love things other… Beth Lapides hosts a mother of a show of comedy luminaries and musical guests in DTLA this and every Sunday!
- Justin Sayre is one of our favorite storytellers. Justin’s been described as “Oscar Wilde meets Whoopi Goldberg.” He’s actor (The Comeback), writer (2 Broke Girls) playwright (The Click of the Look), host (The Meeting), author of young adult fiction Husky and an incredibly unique monologist. There’s no one who weaves a story like this. Listen to Justin on our podcast Life and Beth.
- Cheri Oteri is on! Yay. Love her. (SNL, Letterman, Conan, Hot in Cleveland).
- Missi Pyle is our BFF! Southern Belle, actress and singer ( Inside Amy Schumer, Two and a Half Men, The Artist, Gone Girl) and also a new Mom!
- Merrill Markoe is one of the true originals in comedy writing. If you are talking comedy in LA you are talking Merrill. Though she makes very few appearances her tone, her voice helped define an entire generation or maybe three of comedy writers. She was the original headwriter of Late Night with David Letterman and has written novels, screenplays, TV shows and is an author of note. She has a particularly strange Mom. Do not miss. Listen to Merrill on our podcast UnCabaret UnStaged.
- Gary Stockdale is a 2-time Emmy-nominated composer Penn & Teller: Bullshit!, co-writer of the irreverent adult musical Bukowsical and is wrote the music for the widely popular Aristocrats.
- John Riggi Best known for his work as a producer and writer on 30 Rock, The Larry Sanders Show, Will and Grace and The Comeback, we are looking forward to hearing his wildly entertaining stories! Listen to John on our podcast Life and Beth.
- Nina Storey The soulful and sexy Los Angeles songbird delivers honest and hypnotic songs steeped in classic soul pop. She’s performed alongside the likes of Etta James, Sara Bareilles, Ani DiFranco and Sarah McLachlan. She has been featured on CNN, MTV Online and Rolling Stone.com. She’s had numerous film and television placements including indie films,Days of Our Lives, So You Think You Can Dance, Girlfriends, Ford Fiesta, Hyundai etc. “With a voice like hers, pyrotechnics are redundant,” People Magazine. “By far one of the most powerful and expressive voices in the business today, combining poignant storytelling with memorable melodies,” Music Connection. The Santa Cruz Sentinal described Nina’s music as “…Half Janis, Half Alanis, three parts Virgin Mary, one part Dirty Harry.”
710 W 1st Street
LA, CA 90012
Tickets Here $10 – $30
16 and over.
Information and phone reservations: 213-706-3630
Mitch Kaplan Musical Director
Denise Fraser on Drums
Louis Van Taylor on Sax