Infinite Writing Workshop with Beth Lapides
September 19 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm$345.00
Beth (Bio here) has mad skills at helping you shape your unique comedic perspective and zero in on the projects that most suit it. She’ll help you discover your life story, uncover the comedy in it, and develop the ability to consistently generate new material and the performing techniques to put that material over.
Her approach is highly individualized. Each of her students get personalized notes and specific guidance tailored not only their unique style of story telling but also to their specific way of learning and living.
Beth will cover:
Beth will cover:
- The Infinite Loop of writing and performing
- How to find and tell story based comedy
- Different ways to showcase your unique talents
- Creating content from a personal and authentic place
- The 2 things that will keep an audience from laughing
- The secret of the triangle
- How to deal wth writer’s block and writer’s overwhelm
- Low hanging fruit and digging deeper
- Understanding how you are getting in your own way
- Comedy rhythm
- The zen of stand up
- Using your fear not letting your fear use you
- Plus much much more
Infinite Writing is a mixed-level class, which has included working comedians, TV Show Runners, produced screenwriters, published authors, professional actors, teachers, therapists, ministers and attorneys. Also, sketch comedians who want to make the leap to stand-up, stand-ups who want to freshen up their acts and writers who need to work on pitching. and some absolute beginners who want to face their fear of being on stage.
You can bring in projects you’ve been working on or Beth can guide you toward content creation within class. You can do homework between weeks or not.
Alumns of Infinite Writing have gone on to write for 30 Rock, King of the Hill, and many other TV shows, publish books, sell pitches, get acting and hosting jobs, do TED Talks, create one-person shows, produce successful podcasts, win story slams, and lead fuller, richer lives.
$345 for six weeks